cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi calling not working

sbak06
Fledgling

Hi,

I just ported my number from EE and my wifi calling isn’t working. I contacted customer service at 3 but they just went through the usual resetting etc but still not resolved. Apparently there is an issue in my area atm, but when I checked online there is no issue. Anyone else experiencing problems with WiFi Calling or any advice on how to resolve. Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
Paddiewack
Superstar

WiFi calling;since I live in a very rural area is indispensable to me so I can imagine your frustration. However to the best of my knowledge it’s not a service that has to be provided by Three rather it’s something that’s available to all customers (payg or contract) from the get go. First thing I’d do is turn my phone off and on to see if that makes a difference. Following that and if that makes no difference (I’d be surprised if it didn’t sort it) it’s back to customer service as there may be an issue (guesswork) with your number port, 

sbak06
Fledgling

Hi Paddiewack,

Tried all that turning on and off, resetting network etc, but nothing. I can text inside and outside of the house, use WhatsApp and calls are ok outside. But when I try to call in the house even though I have 1-2 bars, i can’t connect and people calling me get a ringing tone but nothing comes up on my phone. I need the WiFi calling to kick in but it won’t, it’s so frustrating!! Is there a more technical department I can contact rather than standard customer support? They don’t seem to have much of an idea, just blaming it on problems in my area but my kids phones are all working fine with WiFi calling and they’re with 3 and Vodafone?? 🤷‍♀️

Paddiewack
Superstar

When you say people are calling you and getting a ringing tone but there’s nothing on your phone it reminded me of a similar situation I had just a week or two ago. I had this plus other calling difficulties (all on my home mast and all dissipated following a customer service query). My issue was caused by engineering works relating to the decommissioning of 3G. Based on that I’m suggesting you try the following. 1) Check the Three status page for any outages. 2) Customer service can (if pushed) liaise with the network management people who can delve deeper and give you a more detailed appraisal of your issue. 
Please try the aforementioned and good luck. 

MZone
Rising star

Your number is still probably porting over. Can take the whole day to complete. Just keep turning your phone off/on every hour or so and eventually it should work.