cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zyxel NR5103E IP Passthrough

aflatbroke
Regular

Hello! 

I ordered the Three 5G Hub Zyxel NR5103E, I have intermittent 5G, varying from as low as 24mbps to 580mbps. My home network is a Unifi USG gateway followed by Access Points.

I am using the NR5103E in (IP Passthrough) Bridge Mode via Lan ethernet to my Unifi USG. Even though I have put the NR5103E in IP Passthrough and Allowed the USG to do the Routing etc.

The problem is the NR5103E is not passing its WAN IP to the USG. Instead it is passing one DHCP IP address. Anyone know another setting to get the WAN IP to the USG?   

• 5G
13 REPLIES 13
bazantus
Fledgling

did anyone find a solution?
I cannot register a couple of devices (musiccast, Roku) on NR5103E WiFi - or when it manages the local network.
I just spend £200 on Synology WRX router to run into the same issue: IP Passover does not work whatever I tried. It just cannot detect internet access 😞 

I can use Synology in the Access Point mode - but this does not make sense as a) still cannot register musiccast.
Ordering Asus to see if it can cope better -- but I doubt this will work any better.

Any solutions / missing setting?

cheers,

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @bazantus,

It may be worth trying the steps advised in the FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection thread. Although primarily concerning VPN connections, setting a manual APN profile and for this to use IPv4 only seems to be helping with some device connectivity issues. There's some helpful tips and screenshots in the thread and replies.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

Muppettdwvil
Fledgling

2 things occur to me.

1. Connect the 3 hub network cable to the WAN port on your secondary router.
    Theres no chance it will work without this.
  2. Did you turn off DHCP server on the 3 hub. Burger menu > Network Setting > Home Networking. 
    If not then the wan ip you want is likely to come from the 3 hub DHCP server, rather than being passed through WAN address that you want. Obviously then your router has to handle DHCP, QoS, UPnP, Port Forwarding etc., at least something on your network does, Pi Hole, Adguard, some server etc. etc. 

I have had this working in the past, but it's flaky, stopped every few days. Sometimes a reboot of both routers would fix it, sometimes it wouldnt. I wish 3 would fix this because DHCP management and Port forwarding is crap on ISP routers.

I'm using an R8000 with DD-WRT as my internal router (now just as a WIFI AP because of the issues with IP FORWARDING being so flaky on the 3 hub.), I hope this helps.
I don't know any more than this.. 

HalfSavvyTech
Fledgling

I just tried putting the NR5103 in pass through to an ASUS router and nothing worked but probably due to me putting the wrong settings in the ASUS. Did anyone ever manage to get this working and have some guidance on what the settings are ? I chose the ASUS AC68U as it has most support out there on Youtube etc but there isn't much on setting up with a pass through LTE4/5g
I have set up secondary routers to work in dual WAN mode which basically gives you a second LAN network with different IP which is OK but you can't use certain features of the secondary router such as DDNS and I have set up the secondary routers in bridge mode where they just act as a switch and wireless AP