Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zyxel nr5103 Bridge gone silly

the4given1
Fledgling

I've had this setup in passthrough mode for over a year working fine feeding my Asus ax88u and using that for everything .Just over a week ago I lost the Internet. When I looked into it the zyxel was showing no signal and red error re booted several times and nothing .Tried talking to three support and might as well talked to a dummy stuck on daft mode .over the next 3 days the signal came back very slowly (I'm guessing the cell tower i connect to had gone down )network status said no issues but then it never says what's really happening. 

Since getting back on line bridge mode or passthrough now doesn't work as it should .if I manage to get it set up and working I can still get Internet access via the zyxel.my echodot will not connect to the asus while in bridge mode but connects to the zyxel. If I turn the zyxel off pr re start it I loose all the Internet from all the devices connected to the asus and also the zyxel...it shows as connected with no internet. I've factory reset the zyxel and tried again .I've also factory reset the asus and set everything up from scratch. Still the same .

The only way I am getting internet on devices connected to my asus is if I leave the zyxel in router mode with ethernet from it's no 1 port to my asus .

Don't suppose anyone has had similar  and sorted it ?

Thanks in advance 

3 REPLIES 3
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @the4given1,

I don't think we've had this precise situation before, but try setting a manual APN profile for the 3internet APN, and set this for IPv4 only. There's more info on FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection this settings change helps with a few different connectivity issues, and the initial disruption may have been IPv6 going live on your mast.

Thanks,
Jonathan

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!

the4given1
Fledgling

I'm away for a few days ,will try when I'm back home .It's really bad the way bad firmwares and stupid updates are rolled out ....basically forced to accept updates when you don't need or want too .

the4given1
Fledgling

I've followed the instructions on the linked post .Manually set ipv4 and passthrough is now working with no wifi access on the zyxel. 

But no amazon devices have Internet they are connected to the asus and show in network map, theres a 4k firestick .Standard firestick ,3rd and 5th generation echodot all not connecting to the Internet. All none amazon devices connect to the Asus and have Internet function .

I also can't start the vpn up on the asus .

Is there any other settings to alter to gain full functionality back .

Please move this or merge to the other thread if better suited. @JonathanB