cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calls ending at two hours ( time limit )

hotgossip21
Fledgling

so i’ve noticed recently that when i get on long calls, my phone immediately ends the call at two hours, even if i haven’t pressed anything ! i just wanted to know how i could fix this since this is really annoying, especially when the lads are spilling hot gossip x 

6 REPLIES 6
sc1999
Local celebrity

I have not read the terms of 3's contract but it may be that they have set a limit of 120 minutes for a call. If this is the case then you be stuck with it but call 333 and ask.

Anvil_Iron
Rising star

If it is the case that each call is limited to 2 hours, then you could use internet calling with whatsapp or Skype.

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello, hotgossip21. 

Welcome to the Three Community. 

I can confirm there is a 2 hour call duration limit. This is standard across all accounts and isn't something that can be overridden. 

It might be worth picking a less gossipy part of the call ahead of the 2 hour limit so that you can disconnect and reconnect before things heat up. 

Pete.

Wolfgang
Fledgling

What if you need to be on hold for something important, eg benefits or medical? Not all long calls are "gossip" but actually incredibly important

There's nothing more frustrating than being on hold for 2 hours only for your network to decide to drop the call

sc1999
Local celebrity

It makes me worry that there are businesses and organisations that think keeping people on the line for 2 hours is good practice.

Geluk
Key player

Won't be doing your brain any good either, having a radio transmitter adjacent to it for 2 hours.