cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is there an adult filter on my contract and how do you remove it

05hudsond
Fledgling

for some reason the contract phone  i purchased using my debit card (proves im over 18)  has a adult filter , , how can i remove this as its very annoying as normal websites that are not adult are blocked , i dont have a credit card either.. im guessing three now sells contract phones to kids hence the need for this filter ,  also three seems to have locked my google safesearch settings as i cant disable that either .... 

Best solution
Best solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your other way is to call customer service and ask them to perform a soft credit check to validate your age. This will have no impact on your credit score whatsoever and allows them to remove the adult bar immediately.

View solution in conversation

2 REPLIES 2
davecres
Fledgling

Unfortunately a debit card doesn't prove age as teenagers can have them. Since you haven't got a credit card then probably easier to go into a three store with identity such as passport or driving license and ask them to update your account.

Best solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your other way is to call customer service and ask them to perform a soft credit check to validate your age. This will have no impact on your credit score whatsoever and allows them to remove the adult bar immediately.