cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three limiting my data speed after asking for help

dazmatic
Fledgling

I've recently been having issues with packet loss - part of diagnosing was speaking to Three who made some changes to my account including the deactivation of IPv6. It eventually turned out that there were other factors resulting in the packet loss.

The very next day however, throughput on my service dropped from it's typical 250Mbps to 120Mbps (unrelated to packet loss) - constant. As in, it will initially start at over 200Mbps and quickly be artificially limited to 120 for the rest of the test - this is with the 3internet APN. Nothing has changed on my equipment. Changing the APN to three.co.uk also restores speeds to normal.

Putting a different Three SIM in the device restores speeds to normal.

Speaking to an advisor online, when using my SIM in that device, with the 3internet APN, they could not see the IMEI of my device on the network. Swapping the SIM out, my device suddenly appeared.

At their request, I visited a Three store and picked up a replacement SIM however this did not resolve the issue. 

It would appear, that this SIM and the associated account now has a speed limitation in place which goes against my terms of service. Speaking to Three on the phone last night, they're now sending out another replacement SIM but I doubt this will work.

I'm requesting that this issue be investigated by technical support to try and resolve please and remove the limitation from the account, otherwise it will leave me little action other than to seek means of escaping the contract and termination.

Many thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Matthew1471
Regular

Exact same issue with me. It looks like the 3internet APN on my SIM/device does not now allow "Carrier Aggregation". I haven't tried a replacement SIM.. but my friend brought her three hub round and same settings she was getting 500 Mbps.

Please let me know if you get any resolution and whether the three SIM supplied from the phone fixes it. My router is in the loft so it's going to be even more of a pain to swap the SIM.

Jcnicholls
Regular

I’m having same issue but three are useless. Did you get this resolved? 

SimonG
Regular

Ah...same issue, I get the correct speed with the APN three.co.uk but it drops the connection multiple time in a day. If I connect to 3internet the speed is limited to 120Mbps. Please let me know if you solve the issue. This is against the terms od service indeed.

FadedHazard
Regular

I have had the same problem on 2 routers

Matthew1471
Regular
Matthew1471
Regular