cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 app. What a joke.

Jayman
Fledgling

I didn't chose to upgrade this year, due to the utter stupid upgrade prices so instead opted for a new contract, still on 3. (Was half the price of the upgrade I was offered)

Now I want to add the new number to the my3 app, BUT that's where the issue lies. It says that you can add multiple numbers to the my3 app if you contact 3. Well, you can't it seems. I have spoken twice to 2 different people on live chat and to be honest was a waste of time. I was told I can't add my other number because the email address is already registered to my old number. I can't change the email on the account because its not the one I used to take out the new contract with. When the old contract expires, the email address is blocked from being added to another number because it has already been used. Surely it can't be that hard to just add another number to the account? Any help gratefully received. Cheers

1 REPLY 1
sc1999
Local celebrity

Someone, and 3 won't say who, decided it would be a brilliant idea to use email as the unique account identifier. Why, one asks, when there is a perfectly good unique account identifier. Can you see where I am going? Correct, it's your phone number. In 3's defence, it seems that most of their customers have 1 phone number, despite the frequent posts like yours, so don't appear to care. However, as they are selling more and more broadband I can see this becoming a bigger issue. If I was in charge of app development, I would allow multiple numbers for a single email address along with being able to record a phone number for the receipt of all texts associated with broadband and mifi. The "stick your sim in a phone" is going to be a problem at some point when phones only have esims.