cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About three device and sim card account.

SahilaSharma
Fledgling

I have three sim card and also have a contract for iPhone 14 pro which I had started in January 2023. And my friend use that device and sim. But he doesn't pay monthly payment from last 2 months. I'm unable to find my account on 3 bcz he changed tha email address and it effected my bank credit score. So how can I recover my account and take my device back from him. I want aa legal advice and also want to know that how I can pay tha left debts.

2 REPLIES 2
sc1999
Local celebrity

Contact citizens advice.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @SahilaSharma,

If the Three account is in your name as account holder, the most direct way to get help would be to pop into a Three store with photo ID (passport or driving license) and the staff will be able to move the number onto a replacement SIM for you, once you've got the SIM you'll be able to speak to our support teams and add your correct email.

We can't help you recover the phone, this is a theft or civil dispute, so that would be a matter for legal or police advice. If you like, we can help blacklist the phone so it can't be used till it's returned to you though. You'll need to pass security for this, so probably best to request that after the store visit I suggested. After that customer services can bar the phone on request.

You can also discuss an extension or payment plan with them if paying the full amount will not be possible in one go.

I appreciate you'd like legal advice too, we can't vouch for legal or financial advice given here as this is a public forum. I agree 100% with @sc1999, the Citizen's Advice Bureau may be able to provide guidance about how to resolve the dispute. Here's some details for them:

Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB):
England & Wales - www.citizensadvice.org.uk or 0800 144 8848(England) & 0800 702 2020(Wales)
Scotland - www.cas.org.uk  or 0800 028 1456
Northern Ireland - www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/northern-ireland/

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.