cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Manage New Contract On Existing 3 Account, Can't Register New 3 account To Manage New Contract

DrFunkenbreakz
Active

So after spending nearly 3 hours on chat with two advisors, making a complaint which was closed without issue being fixed I still can't manage my new Three contract.

Background:
Ive been with Three for the last few years. Each year I cancel my old contract and then take out a new contract so I can get a better deal with cashback from a third party (like Affordable mobile etc).
The last two years its not been a straight forward process (Look at my previous community posts for last year).
I will stick to this years new contract issue.

I have a new contract. I can still login with my email address and password to last years contract that has now ended...however these login details don't show me my bills and stuff to do with my new contract.

I've tried to register for a new Three account for my new contract. On the register screen I either get a "There's already an account with these details. Ensure you are the account owner and please chat to us and we'll look into it." when i use the email address that exists on last years contract or "Please check the details you entered are correct. If you still encounter an issue, please contact us." if I use one of my other two email addresses I own that I don't think i have ever used with three.
So, how on earth do I manage my new contract if your chat support staff cant help me after several hours of chat?

All i want to do is login, view my new contract and download my bills. You are even sending me updates on my complaint...but as i can;t login to any account I cant see any progress and nothing has changed when i try to login or register for a new three account.

PLEASE HELP 😞

8 REPLIES 8
rky
Regular

I faced the same issue, Three doesn’t allow to merge account but others do.

To fix the problem you need to register with new email and please esnure to click on delete icon when you click switch account otherwise you will always be able to see old details if your mobile number is same and Three customer support will advise you to delete the app and install but it won’t work until you do exactly what I suggested.

You can contact Three customer service to change email address and then you can register on Web or App

MZone
Superstar

I had to use a new email address to register with three when I did this last year and use the temporary number I was given before I ported my old number across. 

DrFunkenbreakz2
Regular

As you can see even my Community account can't be linked to my new contract and new email address I had to make just to manage my Three contract.

This is ridiculous. SO everytime someone rejoins three via a new contract via a third party seller (Fonehouse for me), which is not a direct upgrade with Three, you have to create an account under an email address that has never been used with a Three account before.

So, here I am with 5 email acccounts, when I should only need one or two in life...ALL because Three's systems are very badly designed or their staff dont know what they are doing. Surely linking a mobile to an existing account would keep the three database more accurate, give a history of loyalty from the client regardless of contract being renewed, and also NOT have to mean the client has to make a New email each time just to manage their three account.

This is what their chat advisor said
"Agent as the details are already been removed from our system once you close the contract with Three, However the My3 app which you are using doesn't support the old email address which you have earlier used on My3 to register. Due to which you need to add the new email address on every new contract as it does not allow to use the same email address to register on new contract as the old contract is closed."

So with the above in mind Three say they remove the account, but are still storing my personal email address without the need to. Surely thats against GDPR, especially as one of my email addresses is my full name. Surely if the account was deleted and the above statement was correct...why does it say my email address already exists on an account already...if said account is closed and deleted???

My question is, who is in charge of GDPR compliance as I want Three to remove all my past email addresses from their systems...as the accounts are now closed and I cant use it those account anyway again due to their flawed system?

DrFunkenbreakz2
Regular

4 hours and three agents on chat to make a three account just to see my bills and manage my account. Thanks Three. Top service

rky
Regular

This is so bad, they forced me too to create another email address why should I create new email address each time just for three, so poor software they have.

In EE they easily merge account and I highly appreciate their customer service.

I am also regretting by joining back three, still struggling for couple of things 😒

rky
Regular

Is there any process for raising GDPR complaints against Three?

MZone
Superstar

I can still log into three using an old email address I had on my last contract but it says I have no active lines. I’m assuming after a certain period they will remove this account so I can reuse that email in the future but who knows. Maybe a moderator can confirm this. @PeteG Millions of people leave three and goto another network and may return in the future. Does that mean they all have to use another email address to register. Does not make sense. I’m sure there is such a thing called a right of erasure request to instigate the removal of personal details from companies on closed accounts. 

DrFunkenbreakz2
Regular

I totally agree. Why are they storing details when the account is closed and customer can't login to it anyway and use it? I could also login to my old (last year's contract) account and it said no active lines. I've had no other choice but to make a new email account that Three (and myself) have never used or seen JUST to manage my new contract. I expect the same will happen next year. Three now hold several of my emails addresses on accounts that are now closed and I can't re-use. I requested my details to be removed via the chat and they obviously haven't last time I checked (the registration form said the email address exists on an account...so those email addresses must still exist on their systems). I've asked for information on who is responsible for GDPR compliance...no answer. I'm sure the ICO would like to know about these breaches of GDPR and request for removal not being actioned.