cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacted by fake three staff to offer me a better deal for 45% cheaper because I've been loyal

Bagpuss
Fledgling

Loyalty reward

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Elaborate please. You’re being about as clear  as a fart in the wind.

britlocal3190
Fledgling

I have been receiving the same calls and they are sending the one-time passcode from the same number as original Three customer care and Three needs to do something about this to protect their customers.

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

That doesn't sound good, although having some one else sent you a one time password isn't much use. The passcode needs to actually come from Three to be of any use. If you're receiving the codes, you shouldn't ever share them with any one unless you're absolutely sure you're speaking to Three. 

One tactic that's been used before is for a caller to pretend to be three, while also attempting to access the Three systems themselves, they then ask you for the code that was generated on the genuine Three system, and giving up that code is what usually where the problems start. 

It's best not to entertain the caller of if you're unsure, and contact Three directly to find out if it was indeed Three, or just a spam caller. 

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.