cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract cancellation

ShaunC313
Fledgling

So if I take a new contract out with 3, it's one contract, but two separate DDs...one for the price plan and one for the device.

So if I decide to cancel this contract within the 14 days cooling off period...can I just cancel the price plan, but continue to pay for the device?

Or is there no option for this?

5 REPLIES 5
sc1999
Local celebrity

I doubt there is otherwise everyone would do it to get an interest free loan to buy a handset. Also, if they did this, would they unlock the phone otherwise you would be stuck with a locked phone.

MZone
Maestro

Just to point out that since Dec 2021 mobile companies are banned from selling locked handsets. 

sc1999
Local celebrity

Good to know. I buy from independents who buy direct from manufacturer so were always unlocked.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We stopped locking handsets in 2014, but it's great to see the rest of the industry is catching up on this 🙂

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ShaunC313,

I'd sent you an answer yesterday, but I've had a closer look into the process and policies, and glad to say I was going on older info. Our old plans the entire bundle of airtime and phone had to be cancelled as one product, however we do now have the option to independently cancel either the airtime or device finance in the 14 day period.

So if either you weren't getting on with the phone, but happy to keep a SIM only, or happy with the phone but have an issue picking up coverage, you could return one product and keep the other.

If you've no intention of using the airtime, please bear in mind that the credit and affordability checks are taking into account both bills though, so you may still wish to look at options to source the phone elsewhere if you don't actually want an airtime agreement with Three.

Hope this helps,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.