cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data rollover

moods
Active

I would like to suggest to Three to think seriously to introduce data rollover like ID mobile, Virgin media and many other networks. Three has the bandwidth and can afford it. It will make a huge difference to sales with minimal load on the network.

5 REPLIES 5
sc1999
Local celebrity

Judging by a lot of comments, myself included, I think that 3 are struggling with bandwidth in a lot of areas.

moods
Active

It might be true but by bandwidth Three has in 5G as compared to other networks. I think what you are referring to is called signal strength. Fortunately where I live I routinely get 1GBps,  on my WiFi router and 100+ Mbps on my WiFi router. It's not only Three but any network has good/bad coverage in different areas. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi moods,

Thanks for the feedback, we're always happy to hear suggestions for expanding or improving our plans on the community. We can't make decisions or assessments on whether this is commercially or technically viable for us here but will be sure to pass this on.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

sc1999
Local celebrity

I know the difference between bandwidth and signal strength. I spent 15 years working for a radio system manufacturer. The signal strength shown on your phone is nothing more than a piece of software. Someone decides on the code to convert signal strength to bars shown and I have seen code changed when a customer complained that they only got 2 bars. Bandwidth is governed by the amount of equipment jammed into the box under the tower and when too many people connect you your speed slows down.

I used to be with EE and a nearby tower kept failing so the system shunted the traffic onto my local tower and everything slowed down and EE admitted that was why my data speed kept falling. If I look out of my office window I can see the EE tower.

moods
Active

Sounds great anyway I measured my data speeds with app tools and they were excellent. I have been with orange, o2 and Virgin media but at the moment around canary wharf London Three is giving exceptional service. I know it can vary from area to area but mostly in London Three is doing way better than the rest.