cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent Complaint Regarding Fraudulent Transactions and Privacy Breach

Meri
Fledgling
I am writing to report a disturbing incident involving fraudulent transactions carried out in my name by a person claiming to be from Three. Earlier this week, I received calls from someone stating they were from your retention department, addressing concerns about network coverage. Despite my skepticism, they proceeded to verify my personal details, including my date of birth, full name, address, monthly bill payment date / exact amount and a password exclusively used with Three. They promised me a 45% discount for the next 12 months.

I have since discovered unauthorized charges of £40 on my card, supposedly made by Three, supported by calls from a Three number and validation codes.

i believe this is a customer privacy breach which involves unauthorized exposure or access to customer data by external entities, leading to potential repercussions such as damage to reputation, legal consequences, financial losses, and operational disruptions. These implications underscore the significance of robust data security measures and proactive risk management strategies for companies.

This unfortunate experience has severely impacted my confidence in Three as a service provider, and I feel vulnerable and at risk.

All calls from were made from 0333 338 1001, text messages with validation codes from Three. i’ve tried to reach out to three via chat and calling 333 (during working hours) but sadly had no response.  i sent an email with all the evidence attached - i demand for a fast response. 
2 REPLIES 2
Geluk
Key player

Send them a private message via social media.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Meri,

I'm sorry to hear about your recent experiences and want to make sure this is investigated and resolved for you.

The Three Community is a public customer forum, so we aren't able to access or discuss customer account info from here, but I'm happy to get you in touch with more help. I've sent more info in a private message to get you in touch with some colleagues who can help further.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.