cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go Roam in Europe Fair Use

DuncanB
Fledgling

In Three's FAQ it says "In our Go Roam in Europe destinations, you can use up to 12BG of your data allowance. Any usage over this fair use limit but within your allowance is subject to a surcharge."

I can't find anywhere any more information about this surcharge. I'm going on holiday soon and last time I was abroad the fair use limit was 16GB which I managed, just, to keep within. If I go 3 or 4GB over the 12GB how much is that going to cost me? I have an unlimited data contract.

Also, is there a way to keep track of how much Go Roam data I've used while abroad? The three app won't tell me how much of my allowance I've used because it is unlimited and my phone will give an indication of data I've used in the past month but not whether it was roaming data. 

Best solution
Best solution
StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey Duncan, sorry you've found this a tricky one to answer. If you have a look at your price guide, you'll find the relevant information on page 21/22.

"If you have a data allowance greater than 12GB, you can use up to 12GB of data each month. If you use 12GB and still have remaining data allowance available, you can continue to use your data, but this is subject to a surcharge - currently 0.3p/MB."

You should receive a text when you've used 80% of your 12GB Go Roam allowance, and another before that surcharge starts to apply. 

Hope that helps, and that you have a brilliant holiday 😎

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

View solution in conversation

13 REPLIES 13
cgkhive
Active

So many times I have done that. Did again today and first 5 agents dropped the chat - either that or the Three system is worse than I thought. 
Email address for Robert Finnegan would be super helpful 

cgkhive
Active

I've wasted a minimum of 3 man days on chat (being asked so many mundane irrelevant questions to waste time) and speaking to complaints department.   

While abroad, I was told I had used my 12GB fair usage roaming allowance.  My wife the same.  Three were unable to do anything until the next bill came out.  That showed we had used about 6GB and 2GB from memory.  And I was going abroad on another holiday so needed to have it resolved.

Three told me the over-reporting was a known issue, and I should reset my phone stats then monitor and as long as the Roaming stats were less than 12GB, I would be fine.  Sure enough, I got an SMS saying I was 80% through my 12GB monthly allowance.  Yet my accurate roaming data usage on the phone was only 2.2GB.  I think this sits close to fraud, telling people misinformation so that they stop using their phones and Three saves any costs for roaming data - do you agree?  

This remains unresolved with Three

KieranK87
Fledgling

If I have exceed the 7 day European roaming allowance can you just go and purchase another one? 

MichaelP
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @KieranK87,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you've purchased a Go Roam 7-day pass, you can purchase another one if you require further access after the initial 7 days.

Thanks,
Michael