cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Play charges non stop

mlauragb
Fledgling

I got my phone stolen in London at the beginning of June.

At the end of June got my first batch of Google Play charges that added up to £100, called Three and they took zero responsibility claiming is a third party app… but it is charged from Three Pay, a default service they “cannot turn off” 

I did the claim with Google, they do require you talk with Three first (something I’m finding extremely frustrating) and they are on the case.

This morning I woke up to more charges… so my question is: how to make it stop? I cannot really pay this every month, neither I can be wasting hours with Three, Goggle Play, etc for something that could be solved disabling a service I DIDN’T ASK FOR

Any success stories solving this? 

3 REPLIES 3
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mlauragb,

I'm sorry to hear that your phone was stolen, and subsequent to this you've been receiving these charges. I've taken a look into this, and we may be able to help. Just to check did you report the theft to the police at the time and obtain a crime reference number? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Dee3
Fledgling

Hello I’m currently going through the exact same issue. Three is taking no responsibility. I was charged £150 and I’m already paying TWO contracts one being the stolen phone. I’m absolutely appalled by the customer service. I have spoken to both google and three and I don’t know what to do anymore !

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dee3,

I'm really sorry to hear that this has happened, as I mentioned on my reply to @mlauragb did you report the phone as stolen at the time to both Three and the police and get a crime reference for this?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.