cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to buy Data Pack for Existing PAYGO Account?

username
Fledgling

I have a PAYGO account from 2018 so I guess that is the old PAYGO.  I want to buy the Data Pack and I can't figure out how. 

Even when I am logged onto the website, this page shows up https://www.three.co.uk/payg-data-packs?intid=yxtsrch-support-data-packs and it seems the only option is Buy on Amazon.

The regular Add-On page does not list the Data Pack.

What am I missing?  Thanks.

Best solution
Best solution
StephR
Employee
Employee

You could always pick up one of our New Pay As You Go SIMs, @username, if you're interested in our great value data packs.

Using your current SIM, text ‘PAC’ and your date of birth (DDMMYY) to 65075. For example, your text should look this this: PAC 071281. We'll send your PAC number in response. Once you've got your New Pay As You Go SIM, you can use that PAC number in the New Pay As You Go app to move your existing mobile number over.

If you're sticking with the older Pay As You Go plan for now, then yes, you can use your Add-on allowance in our Go Roam destinations at no extra cost. You'll find all these details in your Price Guide.

Whatever you decide, I hope you have great trip! 😊

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

View solution in conversation

4 REPLIES 4
StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey there! Welcome to Three Community 😊

There are 2 different plans on Pay As You Go. The Pay As You Go plan has been available since 7 July 2013, and the New Pay As You Go plan was launched on 12 March 2020. So as you've said, it does sound like you're using our older plan.

The page of the website you've described is best suited to customers looking to pick up a brand new Pay As You Go SIM. Instead, try our top-up page. Once you've popped your number in, you should see different options to add credit or buy a data Add-on. 

You should also be able to do this via My3 or by calling the automated service on 444 from your Three Pay As You Go SIM.

Hope that helps, but please do let us know if you're still having any trouble!

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

username
Fledgling

Thanks.  I ended up having to phone them to figure that out.  Too bad I can't get that great deal.

On my regular old PAYGO options, I guess the old terms apply?  I can use the Add-On (e.g. 4 GB, 10 GB) in Europe without additional fees (i.e. no 2 GBP per day additional)

Best solution
StephR
Employee
Employee

You could always pick up one of our New Pay As You Go SIMs, @username, if you're interested in our great value data packs.

Using your current SIM, text ‘PAC’ and your date of birth (DDMMYY) to 65075. For example, your text should look this this: PAC 071281. We'll send your PAC number in response. Once you've got your New Pay As You Go SIM, you can use that PAC number in the New Pay As You Go app to move your existing mobile number over.

If you're sticking with the older Pay As You Go plan for now, then yes, you can use your Add-on allowance in our Go Roam destinations at no extra cost. You'll find all these details in your Price Guide.

Whatever you decide, I hope you have great trip! 😊

StephR

username
Fledgling

Thank you @StephR .  Have a nice weekend.