cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I currentlly have a 3 number and the site wont accept the PAC even though its correct?

BilboDraggins
Fledgling

Currently trying to buy a new phone and i've gone through everything to the point its asking for the PAC to transfer my old number to a new SIM as i don't want a new number. the store page keeps saying "something went wrong" and "Sorry, that didn't work" everything i write in is correct though, any suggestions? It has done this all weekend 😐

8 REPLIES 8
sc1999
Local celebrity

Are you with 3 and buying a new phone and contract from 3 and trying to transfer the old contract number to the new contract?

https://community.three.co.uk/t5/Network/I-am-on-three-but-have-got-another-3-contract-and-sim-but-I...

BilboDraggins
Fledgling

See thats where i might be getting confused as it says in the window it will cancel that SIM, i'll try the way you suggest

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @BilboDraggins,

Sorry for any confusion there. If your new plan and phone are directly through Three, you should be able to simply upgrade rather than transferring a number. PACs are for switching provider rather than moving between two Three plans.

Assuming you want to do this online rather than call or chat, click on the "shop" tab in the main website, then "Upgrade" is over on the right, you should then be prompted to log in to My3 and will get options to upgrade the same account rather than taking a new one out:

JonathanB_0-1705319396419.png

Hope this helps,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

sc1999
Local celebrity

If I buy, from 3, a new phone with a new contract it's £2.23 per month cheaper than an online upgrade from 3. If i buy from a third party like Affordable Mobiles, it's £12.33 cheaper per month. So can I use a pac for my number on the old contract and use it for my new contract either from 3 or a third party? 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @sc1999,

Sorry if that wasn't clear above. As I say: "PACs are for switching provider rather than moving between two Three plans". Short answer is no, you can't use a PAC to move from Three to Three.

There was an exception to this in the midst of our system updates when the Pay Monthly accounts and PAYG were on two different systems. At that time a PAYG to Monthly switch could be made by PAC, but that isn't the intention of these codes, and isn't currently supported.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

sc1999
Local celebrity

One final question, can I switch from monthly to payg or vice-versa without temporarily porting out of three and then back again?

BilboDraggins
Fledgling

Cheers mate that makes sense, so another question then if i go through the upgrade route will that cancel my current SIM without needing to make further payments on it? (it does say i have 0 months of commitment left, whatever that means)
The site isn't very helpful so i appreciate your assistance

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @BilboDraggins,

If you follow the upgrade route you'd keep the same SIM and the plan for it would just change as of the next bill cycle.

Thanks,
Jonathan