cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrating With three

Tharani
Fledgling

I had a frustrating experience with Three network. I went to a Three store to buy a SIM card, and they kindly suggested a tablet plan for £12. I purchased the package, which included a tablet with a 10GB SIM card. However, after I started using it, the coverage was very poor. After a month, the SIM card stopped working altogether.

I returned to the store, and an employee at the Eastgam shop checked the tablet and provided me with the phone number 08000338013 to call customer service. When I contacted them, they initially said the SIM card was pay-as-you-go, even though my bill clearly stated it was part of a package. They eventually admitted that the SIM card was wrongly provided.

Upset with the situation, I went back to the shop and explained that they gave me the wrong SIM card and that the network coverage was poor. I wanted to cancel the contract and return the tablet. However, a staff member informed me that I would face a £200 penalty for canceling the contract, and it could also negatively affect my credit score. This seemed unreasonable considering the tablet itself only cost £189 according to the bill.

As a result, I canceled my bank card and informed my bank about the situation. It feels like Three network takes advantage of newcomers to the UK by misleading them and potentially stealing money. They seem to play mind games with new customers. While I don't know how many people have faced similar issues, I urge you to be cautious and avoid entering into contracts with Three network.

In hindsight, I realize I should have listened to others who advised me against choosing Three. The reason I went with them was simply because "Three" is my birth number. This experience has definitely been a valuable lesson

1 REPLY 1
Tharani
Fledgling

I had a frustrating experience with Three network. I went to a Three store to buy a SIM card, and they kindly suggested a tablet plan for £12. I purchased the package, which included a tablet with a 10GB SIM card. However, after I started using it, the coverage was very poor. After a month, the SIM card stopped working altogether.

I returned to the store, and an employee at the Eastgam shop checked the tablet and provided me with the phone number 08000338013 to call customer service. When I contacted them, they initially said the SIM card was pay-as-you-go, even though my bill clearly stated it was part of a package. They eventually admitted that the SIM card was wrongly provided.

Upset with the situation, I went back to the shop and explained that they gave me the wrong SIM card and that the network coverage was poor. I wanted to cancel the contract and return the tablet. However, a staff member informed me that I would face a £200 penalty for canceling the contract, and it could also negatively affect my credit score. This seemed unreasonable considering the tablet itself only cost £189 according to the bill.

As a result, I canceled my bank card and informed my bank about the situation. It feels like Three network takes advantage of newcomers to the UK by misleading them and potentially stealing money. They seem to play mind games with new customers. While I don't know how many people have faced similar issues, I urge you to be cautious and avoid entering into contracts with Three network.

In hindsight, I realize I should have listened to others who advised me against choosing Three. The reason I went with them was simply because "Three" is my birth number. This experience has definitely been a valuable lesson