cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I moved from Vodafone to Three gave pac code and Three lost my Business number it's 15 days now

Atlantico
Fledgling

Can anyone help me. 

What should I do

Three have lost my Business number it's been 15 days now. Customer service can't sort it out my business will collapse without new orders and jobs. 

Vodafone said porting was completed on 29 Jan 2024 at 5.06pm Three ported to a wrong number now they number Is lost in their system. Spoke to Ofcom too they only get involved after 8 weeks

3 REPLIES 3
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello, Atlantico.

I'm saddened to see you're having issues gaining access to your phone number.

It's unclear what would have caused that to happen, but the idea that the wrong number was ported in isn't really possible. When a mobile phone network provides a PAC, the PAC is paired with a specific phone number, or numbers. If you then contact another company, give them the PAC, and then give them the wrong phone number, or the agent gets the phone number wrong, they will get an error saying the PAC isn't valid. Think of the process like a password and username, where the phone number is the user name, and the PAC is the password - they need to match. 

It's more likely that either the PAC that was issued to you did not have the correct phone number paired to it, or the port in process didn't complete, and the number on the SIM is a temporary number. Do you know what the phone number was on the SIM card before you used your PAC? If so, does it match the number that's currently active on the SIM now?

As a reminder, please don't post any phone numbers here, as this is a public space, I'm just looking for confirmation of whether or not they are the same numbers. 

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Tony2
Fledgling

I am having a similar issue. My porting was messed up between Vodafone and 3 and I now have no incoming calls. How long did it take to resolve? Any tips?

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

It's hard to estimate how long it can take as those issues normally require processes to complete both at Three, and the older provider. 

I hope you aren't waiting too long to see results. 

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.