cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instore cannot find my number on the system

sallyyslu
Fledgling

Hi

I was abroad and suddenly received "no service", I contacted online customer service and provided my full name and post code. Online Chat customer service confirmed that my number was active and requested me to change the Network Selection to "Digi", which I did and it still showed "no service". I then asked whether if I top up £30, then it will show service? He said he cannot be certain so I just proceeded with the top up via customer service on 6 October 2023.

Now I am back and I went to 3 Store and your colleague said cannot find my number on the system and requested me to call 07782333444 customer service to request for a replacement simcard.

I called customer service and they said cannot find my number and asked me to send proof of payment of my top up £30 on 6 October 2023 to which I did but I never receive any replies. 

Please advise

Best solution
Best solution
sallyyslu
Fledgling

Hi all

Just want to update the status of the number.

I managed to get back my number which I’ve used for the last 20 years with the help of Suzi, Nathan, Rhiannon and Samantha from Social Media Live Chat, customer service based in Glasgow. Thank you very much.

Suzi informed that when the system moving over, they left out my number but I am not able to use my existing sim.

Suzi asked me to get a new PAYG sim and she will transfer my number to the new sim. It took around 4 working days for the number transfer.

For those number/simcard being deactivated, please look for social media live chat. Initially I chat with Live Chat a few times which I was informed that it is not possible to get my number back, I also went to the store and call customer service, which all told me that I lost my number forever. Sent email to proofs which todate, hear nothing from them.

Once again I would like to thank Suzi for all her help.

View solution in conversation

2 REPLIES 2
Best solution
sallyyslu
Fledgling

Hi all

Just want to update the status of the number.

I managed to get back my number which I’ve used for the last 20 years with the help of Suzi, Nathan, Rhiannon and Samantha from Social Media Live Chat, customer service based in Glasgow. Thank you very much.

Suzi informed that when the system moving over, they left out my number but I am not able to use my existing sim.

Suzi asked me to get a new PAYG sim and she will transfer my number to the new sim. It took around 4 working days for the number transfer.

For those number/simcard being deactivated, please look for social media live chat. Initially I chat with Live Chat a few times which I was informed that it is not possible to get my number back, I also went to the store and call customer service, which all told me that I lost my number forever. Sent email to proofs which todate, hear nothing from them.

Once again I would like to thank Suzi for all her help.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @sallyyslu,

Thanks for the great feedback for Suzi and the team. I've passed this on to their managers. 🙂

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.