Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to get an eSIM?

AllenO
Fledgling

Im having trouble with the following things:

1. the call centres where you cannot reach an actual representative

2. live chats giving you false promises of “you’ll have your QR code in 72 hours”

3. the function to request an eSIM online or through the app not working at all

Has anyone found a way of actually getting a QR code to get an eSIM?

Best solution
Best solution
sc1999
Local celebrity

No, I gave up trying. I have O2 and 3 sims and my new phone has 1 physical and 1 esim slot. O2 was easy and only needed 5 minutes in the O2 shop. It would have been quicker if the O2 guy had connected my phone to WiFi when he started.

View solution in conversation

10 REPLIES 10
Best solution
sc1999
Local celebrity

No, I gave up trying. I have O2 and 3 sims and my new phone has 1 physical and 1 esim slot. O2 was easy and only needed 5 minutes in the O2 shop. It would have been quicker if the O2 guy had connected my phone to WiFi when he started.

AllenO
Fledgling

Thanks for the reply, did you have any issues trying to get your number out of Three and over to O2?

sc1999
Local celebrity

Not done it yet. I use 2 networks asmy area is not well covered. I am not sure if I will stay with 3 or find another network to go with O2.

You need to remember that the number of complaints here is a very small percentage of the several million accounts that 3 claim to have.

AllenO
Fledgling

That is true, nonetheless it is infuriating and based on my experience, I can’t imagine it being any better.

tarantella
Involved

Saddening to see that Three still haven't sorted this out.

markwallwork0
Regular

Just ordered one tonight and had my service cut and no eSIM . Now have to go to store to get a new physical sim tomorrow 

tarantella
Involved

Unbelievable. 

Shocking way to treat customers. 

Trilby
Regular

Same issue here, using the "Replace SIM" function in your account and choosing an eSIM will deactivate your existing SIM without actually sending you a new eSIM. However I used the live chat and the agent submitted another request for an eSIM which did arrive by email about ten minutes later. Not sure why that works when the self-service route doesn't but that really needs to be fixed!

Lifeguard7466
Regular

I was with Tesco mobile before 3 and had a esi QR code sent in the post very easy to do, I was going to use a esim in my phone from 3 but as soon a service representative said I will stop your normal sim first and you will get a email I went NO thanks....... I do t understand why three have to stop your normal sim first as when you swap to esim it stops the other sim automatically