cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late payment

Javier240
Fledgling

Currently closing the online bank I used for my direct debit. Moved everything over to another bank but completely forgot about my phone. 
Direct debit was due on 02/05/24, but bounced. Paid balance in full on 07/05/2024 once I realised. 
Will this be shown as a missed payment on my credit file? 
Tried speaking to three but nobody seems to know or want to help. 

12 REPLIES 12
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JayChester,

We'd usually recommend going through customer services, so that they can double check everything is settled, and they can raise a case to our credit teams which explains any Three system or advisor error that would be a mitigating circumstance.

You could also contact credit.checking@contact.three.co.uk with your letter. Please include any dates and references you can to help the team locate the account and payment in question, and they'll check if the late payment can be removed.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Wtfad
Fledgling

Hi,

I’m having difficulties paying my bills. I want to know the penalty for defaulting the 2nd attempt on direct debit? And how do I apply for an extension to pay August bill alongside September bill? Please help 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Wtfad,

Did you get a chance to look at the reply to your topic: I need help? Another community member has shared a link about financial support. There's not a penalty in terms of a charge, but if you don't have a recurring payment method set up you lose a £5 discount per month till this is reinstated. Your line could be suspended, and late payments can harm your credit rating.

I'd recommend to get in touch, and the team should be able to help discuss options like an extension or payment plan depending on your circumstances.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.