cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My SIM card suddenly not working, can't make any calls and texts

Sherry
Regular

On 22nd October, my SIM card suddenly not working any more. I just topped up on last few weeks for three month plan. I don't have service, can't make any calls and text messages. I have owned this SIM card for almost 8 years. There is no messages but suddenly not working. I went to the three store, they can't do anything but asked me to buy a new SIM card. I went to live chat, on first night, the assistant told me she raised this issue and my card would be activated in the next 24 hours but it did not. So yesterday, I started a live chat again, someone told me my card is under investigation and needs to wait for another 24 hours. Now 48 hours gone, my card is still not working. All my important accounts are related to my phone number such as bank and university account. I was so anxious and sad. No one is helping me. I called 333 but there are no real people answering the call. Is there anyone helping me with this issue? I am really upset and can't sleep at night. I missed loads of important calls and texts. @Three1 @Three5G 

10 REPLIES 10
Paddiewack
Superstar

I’m sorry about you obviously being stressed about this. In this forum we’re mostly customers but you need to tell us if you’re payg or contract. If payg you need to top up at least once every 180 days or your SIM card will automatically be disconnected. If contract there must be monies owing and the sim is blocked. 
Without any more info there’s little else I can say. 

Sherry
Regular

Thank you so much for your reply. I am a PAYG customer and I just topped up in a few days. I always top up within 180 days so I don’t why my number is being cancelled😭 and no one is helping me with this.

Paddiewack
Superstar

Then there’s no reason as to why you’re in the situation you’re in. I believe there was some sort of update recently which has affected many payg customers;you included. If you read the reply from BILL14 you’ll understand what I mean.If I may suggest to you the best course of action for you is to direct message one of the moderators on this forum who are staff and can put you in direct touch with someone who can take ownership of your issue and hopefully get it sorted. Before you think oh my goodness; they are excellent at getting things sorted and I genuinely feel that’s the route you should take. To message him click on your profile pic,select messages and send a direct message to @Jonathon. I genuinely wish you well.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Sherry, I've sent you a PM to get you in touch with more help with this.

It does look like the same issues the others are describing, which we're working to sort out as quickly as possible but I've linked you to some more help, just so we can make doubly sure we're working on fixing the issue, and so we can check if there's any more we can do to help in the meantime.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Bill14
Regular

Three have just recently completed a migration of their service, it was roughly at the time you encountered issues, they have messed so many peoples accounts up. At present they have my date of birth in the year 1900, which means i am 123 years old. So you see it could easily be this migration that has caused you problems. Good luck.

Paddiewack
Superstar

Well you’re looking good for such an age ! 😉

Sherry
Regular

Thank you so much for your reply. The store staff also said this to me. But it has been almost a week and I am really worried.

Manjinder
Fledgling

Oh,my SIM card is not working also from last 3days & I don't know what is happening with me.

Paddiewack
Superstar

Then use another phone to call customer service on 0333 338 1001 or use WiFi to start a live chat instead of filling your time with pointless speculation. That way you’ll find out what’s happening with you.