cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My SIM card suddenly not working, can't make any calls and texts

Sherry
Regular

On 22nd October, my SIM card suddenly not working any more. I just topped up on last few weeks for three month plan. I don't have service, can't make any calls and text messages. I have owned this SIM card for almost 8 years. There is no messages but suddenly not working. I went to the three store, they can't do anything but asked me to buy a new SIM card. I went to live chat, on first night, the assistant told me she raised this issue and my card would be activated in the next 24 hours but it did not. So yesterday, I started a live chat again, someone told me my card is under investigation and needs to wait for another 24 hours. Now 48 hours gone, my card is still not working. All my important accounts are related to my phone number such as bank and university account. I was so anxious and sad. No one is helping me. I called 333 but there are no real people answering the call. Is there anyone helping me with this issue? I am really upset and can't sleep at night. I missed loads of important calls and texts. @Three1 @Three5G 

10 REPLIES 10
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Manjinder,

Based on the timings you've mentioned it sounds like you have been affected by the recent outage. Network Issues - 01/12/2023 

Have you tried rebooting your phone, and/or toggling flight mode on/off? In a majority of cases that's getting people back online again.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.