cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG SIM once every 180 days usage requirement to keep active

Geluk
Key player

Minimum usage requirement PAYG

Is usage also receiving texts or phone calls in that period?

4 REPLIES 4
StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey @Geluk, welcome to Three Community.

The terms and conditions of our Pay As You Go SIMs require that a chargeable event or activity is made at least once within a 180 day period, to keep the account active. Chargeable events include making a call, sending a text or picture message, or using data (or any other Three Service for which a charge is made). 

As receiving most calls and texts doesn't use any of your allowances or credit, this wouldn't count as a chargeable event or activity. 

I hope that helps clears things up, but please let us know if you've any other questions!

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

Diablo
Regular

Hi StephR

Is there a way to check if PAY TO GO SIM is still active?  I still receive a security code # whenever I log in to to here. If not, is there a way to re-activate PTG SIM online?  Thanks

three_geek
Fledgling

My PAYG credit is zero, and I haven’t topped up or made a chargeable event for well over six months, but my SIM is still active and Three haven’t emailed me any warnings that I need to do something or my account will be closed.

Maybe they don’t enforce the 180-day thing?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @three_geek,

That's interesting to hear. We definitely do enforce this policy, so if you've somehow been exempted from this that's great that your number is still active, but I'd recommend to pop a small top up on and send the occasional text just to be on the safe side. You won't necessarily get a warning, as it's a PAYG, not a Pay Monthly contract agreement, and the assumption is that anyone in this position isn't actively using the phone line, and therefore likely to respond to notifications.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.