Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited plans and missing credit

Mosaic
Fledgling

Advice please.

I bought and applied a £40 top-up yesterday in preparation for my now monthly (£35) unlimited data add-on which was due to expire at midnight.  giving my account total credit of £54

Since I don't seem to be able to renew my plan until it's actually expired I had to wait .  This alone is annoying but i have to live with it unless I'm missing something?  

Now,  Even thought my device was connected to my home wifi at the time and not being used, I started to be charged £3 every few minutes for using '30720 (kbytes)'  according to the Three app 18 times.  This resulted in all my credit being used up.  I did not receive any sort of notification ie text etc saying my balance was zero .   I just logged into the Three app intending to buy the addon only to see a big fat ZERO for my account balance.

Has anyone experience anything similar or could this be some random error with Three that will be sorted out when they fix things?

Also, Could I get some clarification on how I should go about topping up and buying addons in the future.  I used to visit a shop to buy a voucher then wait till my data expires and use the 444 number to redeem the voucher and buy the addon all in one go.   This doesn't seem to work anymore. I can apply credit but not buy the addon so I am forced to use the app. 

I did look at auto renewal but that seems to be card based only and not available via voucher.  I would be happy keeping my account topped up via voucher with enough credit for the unlimited35 to auto renew every month but can't   Is this correct?

All I want is a continual rolling unlimited plan paid for via voucher as simply as possible.

Please Help 🙂

ps bring back unlimited90  

2 REPLIES 2
KieranFe
Regular

I ran into a similar issue. I couldn't buy a new add-on until the old add on expired.. (even on the same day) and if you don't get it quick, any balance left in your account will be hoovered up in minutes. (it will run out at a random time on the day it expires)

I found if you go on the 'live chat' and you can get a person to over ride the system and renew your add-on. But the key this is don't leave any extra money in you balance, or it will be hoovered up !

RichardF
Employee
Employee

Hi, this information may help with some of the points you have raised:

1) It is not possible to 'stack' plans/packs prior to your current pack expiring - this is system based so you are not missing anything here.
2) Due to a relatively recent system enhancement - you are now able to use cash credit balance to set up Auto-renew (it no longer has to be a debit card). This should help mitigate any further instances of the issue you faced above if you set auto-renew of the £35 Unlimited pack. 
3) Thanks for your feedback around the £90 add on, we're looking into whether it'll be possible to bring this back