cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone stolen - Proof of barring / proof of usage

Kenny1
Fledgling

Hi

My phone has been stolen over a month ago and I have been inquiring for proof of barring and proof of usage to go forward with my insurance claim.

I have contacted three 5 times!! That's right, 5 times and I still have yet to receive this information. The customer service is appalling. I have been told multiple times between each call I would have to wait 72 hours and that they would get it sorted and I wouldn't have to worry but it's been OVER a month now and I can't progress on with my insurance claim. I am a paying customer and this is unacceptable. This is very infuriating and I am very close to cancelling my contract with Three.

Please can someone assist me?

Kind regards

Ken

8 REPLIES 8
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Kenny1,

Welcome to the Three Community. 

I'm so sorry to hear about the theft of your phone, and moreover all the delays with you receiving the proof documents to pass on to your insurer. I'll send you a PM with advice on how we can get this moved forwards.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

sankeerthan
Fledgling

Hi JonathanB

I facing the same issue. I am talking to complaints team for one hour everyday. It has become my morning routine. All the them promise me that i will receive the email in 2 hours but I won’t recieve it. Please send the proof of usage and proof barring ASAP. 

Thanks

Sankeethan

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @sankeerthan,

I've replied on your private message with further guidance. I hope that this helps you receive your proof documents soon.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

Thiagoct
Fledgling

this is unacceptable, I lost my cell phone on September 18th, every time I call it tells me it will take 72 hours, today I lost my cell phone for 10 days, the company doesn't care about the customers it has, they treat us like garbage , several times I called three and they told me that I would receive the proof of use by email this evening and I received no information . I really don't know why I'm still a three customer.

Avadh
Fledgling

Hey

They are trying to fraud with us i was asking 3-4 time proof of usage still not get maybe we need stop paying bills 

robertkabz
Fledgling

Hi My name is Robert. I lost my phone over a month ago! I contacted three to get proof of usage and proof of barred. They promised to send them to my email in the next 72 hours.. it’s four weeks now and I’m still getting told the same story. Last week Friday I was told to go to a three store to get a replacement SIM card which I did! I called three and they said I would get the information by Monday, on Monday I received nothing! I called again and they said Wednesday, Wednesday I received nothing, I called again and they said they’re sending it as soon as possible! Up to now nothing! The insurance company are very close to closing my claim! I’ve been with three for over 10 years and I can’t believe this treatment. I’ve made my mind up I’m cancelling the contract because this has caused me alot of stress 

Mollygarnett
Fledgling

I am having the same problem! Did you ever get a resolution?

charliefoxtrot2
Fledgling

Please can someone contact me with how to get a copy of this. I've called up and been in to store multiple times and all I am offered it a bill. My insurance company specifically says that a bill is not prove of usage. "Proof of usage is a letter from your mobile provider, on their letterhead, confirming dates of usage" is what my insurance wants.