cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quite a lot wrong

JohnWoodhead
Fledgling

Two chips came with my new phone. When I registered with my Apple ID. The chip was PAYG. The DOB won’t edit and says 1901 for my year of DOB. My pay monthly deal isn’t an option for the registration. The Apple ID is locked to the bogus registration.

1 REPLY 1
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JohnWoodhead,

Sorry for any confusion there. We usually send a PAYG SIM for free with every Pay Monthly purchase so that you can keep this as a spare or give to a friend or family member. The DOB will be a default as PAYG SIMs are supplied unregistered, but customer services should be able to register this to your actual details if you like.

In terms of your Apple ID, this is supported by Apple themselves rather than your Network provider. If you're unable to disassociate the PAYG number from this, then I'd recommend to get in touch with Apple's support, you should be able to find more info on their support website here: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/apple-id

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.