cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registered email address

Womble
Fledgling

Hi, I have just bought and registered 2 payg sims for my children. When I registered I had to use different email addresses but I'd like to be able to manage both sims from the same account/email address. I have done an online chat but the agent said it wasn't possible (they even said that if you were a business with 100 numbers each one would need to be registered with a unique email address which I just can't believe.

Any help on this please? I've just come from Vodafone where I can have multiple sims on the same account and with a single bill so I really confused by this policy

4 REPLIES 4
sc1999
Local celebrity

3 have just taken a massive step backwards with their latest system upgrade and I struggle to keep a straight face when I type upgrade. The app appears to be the work of a 10 year old. Also, some bright spark decided it would be a great idea if each phone number had to be linked to a different email address. Why? No idea and no one has come up with a good reason why. I understand that each account needs a unique identifier but the account already has one. Yes, you guessed correctly it's the phone number.

All we can do is wait for the next upgrade requiring re-registration or hope the post merger Vodafone's system is the one we end up using.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Womble,

Currently each number/account does need a unique email address. I am regularly passing on feedback from the community that many customers would prefer to have access under one account though.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Pipalia
Fledgling

In my case ,I have two SIM monthly paid contracts for 24 months. I was able to get account access through mobile number and password.After upgrade at three,I lost access and had to re register.I gave them two e mail IDs to connect each sim with each e mail ID. Today I am in a situation,both e mail take me to same sim account whereas second sim is inaccessible. I had number of chats and visited Three store but till now no body could help me.Noe three is asking third E mail ID to link to second SIM.  So much improvement !!!!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Pipalia,

We'd like to take a closer look into this. I'm not aware of any reason why a 3rd email would be necessary to manage 2 numbers. I've sent you a PM to get you in touch with an escalated support team that will be happy to check this out.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.