cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Unrecoverable

Timmy
Regular

Hi,

I was abroad and I lost my phone. I immediately contacted 3 through live chat and they helped lock my number and SIM. My internet connection was spotty so I couldn't save a copy of the conversation and I couldn't even say thank you to the agent.

Having done this however, I remembered I needed my number in order to access accounts but having spoke to another agent, they've said that my account is no longer under the name I originally created it under for some unknown reason. I needed to confirm my identity when I had to lock my SIM but the same details don't work anymore.

Can I confirm I am the account holder by telling the last time I put money into the pay-as-you-go account, the amount and card details? I can even change the password to my account as I have access to the email associated with it. I don't know why the account holder details have changed eventhough to lock the SIM, I used the exact same details in the converstation 😞

10 REPLIES 10
Timmy
Regular

Just an add on to this, I think I remember the first name of the agent I originally live chatted to, too and I was told I could unlock the number as long as my request was within 6 months. I need the PAC for this number and I'll be honest, I don't want to move my number to a new provider as Three have the perfect pay as you go plan for me so I just want my number putting onto a new SIM. Without the my account, I can't even do that though

sc1999
Local celebrity

I am not sure that you have been given the correct info. If you read 3's blurb on theft they cancel the sim and send a replacement. There is no mention of losing the number or a need to unlock it by transferring to another network, so I suggest you send a pm to Jonathan on this link:

https://community.three.co.uk/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/6

Timmy
Regular

Hmmm, odd then 😞 I don't know what the first agent managed to do then, as I can log into My3 on a web browser but it says "we're having some problems". This happened on the 9th Oct and I haven't had a new SIM delivered.

I told the agent in the initial chat to cancel my SIM as I'd lost my phone, they said they'd do it and then I lost internet connection so not even sure what the true outcome of that converstation was. All I know is that my access to my profile doesn't work anymore.

Timmy
Regular

I've sent a message to Jonathan and there has yet to be a reply back.
I really hope it's as you said and that they should have (and maybe just forgot to) sent a new SIM with my current number on it because otherwise I've truly got a mess to sort out

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ll genuinely keep my fingers crossed for you but there’s absolutely no logical reason why this can’t be sorted by Three. 

Timmy
Regular

Thank you, that has given me a bit of confidence to keep pushing for a fix for this situation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

From what you’ve told me and only that you’ve every right to push for a fix!

Good luck mate.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You should have a replacement sim with your original number on it within 48 hours as far as I’m aware. You can then re authenticate yourself as normal. I’m guessing (and I mean guessing) that the customer service op meant your SIM card number had changed. Nothing else.

Timmy
Regular

I haven't received one in the post 😞 It's been 2 weeks. The next agents after the first one, asked for my name and date of birth which I had given exactly the same and they said the details were incorrect so they couldn't re authenticate me