Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Text

TTUK
Fledgling

I received this text about roaming.

Hi there, it's Three.

You've started a new billing cycle - so your data roaming limit of £45 has been refreshed. This amount excludes VAT, where it applies.

Any questions? Get in touch: three.co.uk/contact-us

I have never received this before. Used the live chat in the Three app and they are telling me it is sent every month.

Is this a scam and is my phone compromised?

edit:

additional context I’m am not roaming an have not been roaming since I opened the account last year.

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TTUK,

Sorry for any concerns this may have caused. The text you've described is a Three generated one, and it's to signify that you've started a new billing month.

It doesn't necessarily mean you've used any of the Data Roaming Limit or connected to an overseas network, but the message is actually intended to raise awareness about the spend limits and protections we offer, so apologies again for any confusion. I can confirm I receive this one every month on my line too, even if I've been in the UK the whole month.

My understanding is that this ought to be received by every Pay Monthly line, so it may well be some sort of glitch if you haven't received this in the past. Sorry again if this has caused any concerns. As you've received a notification that you've started a new bill cycle, this means that your bill should also be available on My3 soon if you need to double check this.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

View solution in conversation

2 REPLIES 2
MZone
Superstar

Don’t worry about it - probably a glitch. Everyone has a £45 data roaming limit to stop getting big bills when roaming. 

Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TTUK,

Sorry for any concerns this may have caused. The text you've described is a Three generated one, and it's to signify that you've started a new billing month.

It doesn't necessarily mean you've used any of the Data Roaming Limit or connected to an overseas network, but the message is actually intended to raise awareness about the spend limits and protections we offer, so apologies again for any confusion. I can confirm I receive this one every month on my line too, even if I've been in the UK the whole month.

My understanding is that this ought to be received by every Pay Monthly line, so it may well be some sort of glitch if you haven't received this in the past. Sorry again if this has caused any concerns. As you've received a notification that you've started a new bill cycle, this means that your bill should also be available on My3 soon if you need to double check this.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here