cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam calls from people claiming to be 3

Hatshepsut
Fledgling

Keep getting calls from this number: 03333381017 - by people with "offers" for my 3 plan. They are very persistent and I have good reasons to think they're scammers but just wanted to be certain they're not some overzealous subcontractors working for 3. 

31 REPLIES 31
ashfinlayson
Fledgling

I get these calls once of more every day, from all different numbers, same call centre. I called up 3 and changed my preferences months ago but the calls still persist. It's a real nuisance and I will leave 3 as soon as my contract is up and get a new number. Their customer database clearly got compromised and they are obliged to do something about it. 

Same they have far to much information my name etc & knew to much yet were obviously scammers when I confronted them on the phone they folded like a cheap suit , yet 3 network needs to get on top of this , 4 calls just today . 

They actually sell the customers numbers, which is crazy. I'm leaving 3 as well. 

akendrickharris
Fledgling

I've just had a call offering me a new phone and contract, which would wave my current contract have another year on my contract. They called from 01644216451. Definitely a scam.

Same got four calls just today from ppl pretending to be from 3 network - reported number to phishing scam action 

gardelvelez
Fledgling

They are so annoyinggg, today I was almost scammed, they sent me an email from info@threepromotions.co.uk and I thought it was real, until I called the 333 line and they said they haven't called me or offered me something in 9 months.

The tel numbers they used to call me today for the scam were:

020 4525 1625

020 4525 2409

020 4525 2416

020 4525 2350

020 4525 5325

EllieMac
Regular

Same constant scam call ppl pretending there from 3 network, saying we know 3 has a poor network service we can offer a discount called 4 times today alone 

EllieMac
Regular

They’re scammers I’m getting lots of calls from different mobile numbers making out that they’re from 3 network offering discounts in bills obviously to get at bank details. Yet I said “ STOP IT your ruining ppls lives doing this I’m reporting it “ iv forwarded numbers to police scam phishing lines 

Dean06280
Regular

Important stuff first.

07923 567679

07522 123377

07763 974146

What I believe these guys are doing is. Calling people up pretending to be three. Offering deals. Sound convincing, probably managed to phish other details from other avenues. So they call and offer a deal. They check if you have my3 app. If do, like most three customers will. They have my3 browser open on their computer. By having you on the line and having my3 browser open ready they ask to confirm your number. They then put that in their computer with my3 browser. As anyone knows if used my3 app it now has a OTP one time passcode system. So it said a verification code to your registered number. Which you would normally enter onto your my3 app page when requested.

So the scam caller has you on the phone. The my3 browser page at the ready on their screen. Requested an OTP. Which goes to your phone. The scam caller says to you I've just sent a code to your phone could you verify it to me so I know I'm speaking to the right person. 

Now if you give it. Because at this point you think must be legit. The OTP came from the normal three txt number.

Wrong l, they've just hot access to your account. They can change billing address. Order new phones to new addresses. Look up bank details etc.

Luckily, I caught on over playing with these guys a few times.

Be careful. Always place trick questions.

Like I can't remember how much I'm paying, can you check my account. Three has access to accounts so they should be able to tell you. 

Ktails
Fledgling

Received a call tonight from "Three" stating trying to keep customers after poor customer feedback. Offered to cut my bill in half. Didn't trust it one but, but went along with it waiting to be asked for personal information. Got put through to senior manager to complete "deal"  when I asked why at no point had he or his colleague addressed me by name, he said he could give out names for security reasons (but they had already asked how much I paid last month to confirm I was account holder) then when I asked why the number I was being called from comes up as a Furniture supplier called Defrae in Croydon, 020 8504 5108,  got some random reason. He said he would be happy to call me back on the official Three number.  He then sent a 4 digit security code via text. I'm confused, is this an actual scam. Because if it's genuine, you need to upskill you customer service team to put a customers mind at ease than how the 2 I spoke to did.