cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam calls from people claiming to be 3

Hatshepsut
Fledgling

Keep getting calls from this number: 03333381017 - by people with "offers" for my 3 plan. They are very persistent and I have good reasons to think they're scammers but just wanted to be certain they're not some overzealous subcontractors working for 3. 

39 REPLIES 39
Raeevs
Fledgling

Just had the same phone call from a scottish takeaway offering 35% - I said to them this is too good to be true and they stated it was because I was loyal (only been back with 3 since February). Just hang up!

leahcarrenidrag
Fledgling

I have had persistent calls for the last few weeks, one earlier today from 020 4586 8496 and another one in the last 5 minutes from 07490 274935 saying they can offer 30% off my 3 bill. People from work call me on my personal number and I can't change the settings to silence all unknown numbers for this reason. 

What is being done about this scam, or is this legitimate? 

CarlaC
Fledgling

I just had a call from 020 4571 2776 offering me the same thing, I must admit I almost fell for it, until she said they had to pass to the manager and fill an application. 
I hanged up and blocked the number as they don’t stop calling, they even left a voicemail - which Three would never do. 

ashfinlayson
Fledgling

I get these calls once of more every day, from all different numbers, same call centre. I called up 3 and changed my preferences months ago but the calls still persist. It's a real nuisance and I will leave 3 as soon as my contract is up and get a new number. Their customer database clearly got compromised and they are obliged to do something about it. 

EllieMac
Regular

Same they have far to much information my name etc & knew to much yet were obviously scammers when I confronted them on the phone they folded like a cheap suit , yet 3 network needs to get on top of this , 4 calls just today . 

vibrantlinda
Fledgling

They actually sell the customers numbers, which is crazy. I'm leaving 3 as well. 

akendrickharris
Fledgling

I've just had a call offering me a new phone and contract, which would wave my current contract have another year on my contract. They called from 01644216451. Definitely a scam.

EllieMac
Regular

Same got four calls just today from ppl pretending to be from 3 network - reported number to phishing scam action 

gardelvelez
Fledgling

They are so annoyinggg, today I was almost scammed, they sent me an email from info@threepromotions.co.uk and I thought it was real, until I called the 333 line and they said they haven't called me or offered me something in 9 months.

The tel numbers they used to call me today for the scam were:

020 4525 1625

020 4525 2409

020 4525 2416

020 4525 2350

020 4525 5325

EllieMac
Regular

Same constant scam call ppl pretending there from 3 network, saying we know 3 has a poor network service we can offer a discount called 4 times today alone