cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam calls?

g12345

Hi, I'm getting lots of very persistent calls advertising a "too-good-to-be-true" promotion (50% off my monthly bill for being a loyal customer and a free set of airpods), which normally I'd write off as a scam straight away, but they know a lot about me and my Three account (addresses, monthly bills, bank account number etc) and have sent auto-texts from the numbers marked "From Three" and "Three UK". Phone numbers are 0330 320 0953 and 0333 338 1001, and they've also sent me emails from promotions@threeguk.com. Can anyone answer if this is a legit promotion because it feels wrong whenever I'm on the phone to them and I've been hanging up. 

1 REPLY 1
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @g12345,

This does look like a scam, we wouldn't use a domain like @threeguk.com when we have legitimate email addresses on our actual website domain @three.co.uk. Unfortunately scammers also use "spoofing" technology to appear to be calling from different numbers than they are actually calling from.

There's more guidance on spam, scams, fraud, and how to report them on our Fraud to watch out for page here.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.