cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Watch Pairing Plan Confusion!

thajile
Fledgling

Hello All

I've been emailed today about renewing my contract - with one of the offers being a 24month contact. However, i wanted to add on the smartwatch pairing plan, as when i checked the pricing guides it appears that its free for 24 month contracts.

Checked some of the community pages and looks like i have to set both new plans up at the same time, spoken to advisors in chat and on the phone but they all say i have to pay £7 a month

Any ideas?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
sc1999
Local celebrity

As I remember previous posts I think it works like this. You can share your data, texts and minutes for free using Bluetooth. You need a sharing plan if you want to use the watch when out of Bluetooth range of the phone and use the cellular function of the watch. What you are paying for is to allow your watch to connect to 3's cellular network. It's the equivalent of having 2 phones and it's not buy one get one free.

MZone
Key player

Even if you buy a watch with a plan from Three they only give 3 months free smartwatch paring plan. As far as I am aware if you have a watch already and just want to add a smartwatch paring plan then it’s £7 a month for a 1 month rolling contract.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @thajile,

If you purchase a watch on a Three Your Way plan then you'd get one of the 24 month add ons as part of that sale. I wouldn't really describe it as free, more that it's factored into your airtime plan. Or if you wanted to bring your own watch, you can either take the £7 plan that @MZone described, or as @sc1999 mentioned just use Bluetooth if you don't need or want to be able to use cellular data on the watch when out of range of your phone.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.