cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Pay monthly SIM contract to PAYG SIM

panda
Regular

I can't seem to find any information about switching from a monthly Three Advanced SIM 8GB Data Unlimited Minutes - 12 month plan to PAYG keeping the same phone number and using a physical SIM card (in an iPhone). How does one proceed and what is the timeframe as I believe there's one month notice on the pay monthly plans?

It it helps, I'd like to switch from a 'Three Advanced SIM 8GB Data Unlimited Minutes - 12 month' plan that is way past the initial year to a Three PAYG as I'll be spending time abroad so won't use much my UK SIM at all, but would like to keep my phone number.

Can it be done online or in the iOS app (I couldn't find how)? Should I go into a shop? Any other advice on how to do this? Thanks in advance.

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @panda,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. We intended to direct you to use either the "chat now" button or the phone numbers listed in the "Call us" section. Did you manage to get the transfer to PAYG arranged?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

42 REPLIES 42
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi there. 

Moving you over to Pay As You Go isn't something can be done, sadly. You can move your number to another network with a PAC, and then move it back to Three on PAYG. The outcome is the same but it's more steps to get it done. 

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Helen44
Fledgling

I think that's wishful thinking on your part Pete... I for one will not consider coming back to Three after being forced to leave.

Helen44
Fledgling

Absolutely insanity!

After over a decade as a three customer, I am told the same thing as previous posters: if you want a PAYG you have to leave. Not only that, they disconnected the chat before I got the chance to tell them I'll cancel the contract then! An absolute outrage.