cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three failing to refund

Gareths6y
Fledgling

Wife’s iPhone stopped working. Spoke to 3 who advised making a Genius Bar appointment and having the phone assessed (18 months into a 2yr contract). Apple said no life in phone at all, go back to 3. 3 in Basingstoke gave us a piece of paper advising to buy a replacement, send the paperwork to 3 and would get reimbursed in 3 to 5 working days. That was 5 weeks ago ! 
3 weeks - and numerous phone calls later - the cost of the replacement phone was credited to he phone account, but 3 have failed to pay this money into our bank account as requested. Now have a £449 charge on credit card bill, 2 weeks and many more calls later still no joy. Had a call from them Friday saying the money would be paid in 3 days, by Monday “billing” had decided they need “more proof” , 2 days and 4 more calls and we are no nearer getting our money back. We both have been with 3 for many years, we will both be leaving as soon as our contracts are up, but does anyone now how we get refunded the credit on our account please ?

3 REPLIES 3
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Gareths6y,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been running into these delays with getting your repair refund. I'll do my best to help.

Can you help me understand a little better on what happened with your visits to the Apple and Three stores? If the Genius Bar assessed the fault with the iPhone they should have produced a document called a Genius Bar Authorisation, which would confirm the issue they identified and the cost to repair or replace the iPhone, did they give you something like this, or just refer you back to the Three store?

You've described the paperwork as coming from the Three store, not from Apple, is that correct?

Let me know and I'll check how we best get this sorted out.

JonathanB

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

Suzie1wong
Regular

Did you get your refund I’m having the same issue now? Been waiting a month for refund and keep telling me each week it will be a 3-4 days, I won’t be keeping my contract either

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Suzie1wong,

I'm not sure if you've seen my PM or reply on your other post. Just replying here too in case you've missed it, but I've sent you info to get you in touch with more help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here