cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected go roam charges whilst roaming is turned off

MazD
Fledgling

So I’m currently in the EU, my roaming is permanently turned off as I have a phone from a provider in the country in which I’m based. I use my UK mobile only over WiFi. All the rest is disabled and my phone never leaves where I am staying. So it’s come as a huge surprise that I’m being charged a daily go roam charge. This is effectively doubling my monthly bill even though the bill also shows that I have not used any services at all. Has anyone experienced similar and have you managed to resolve this issue and get your money back? 

Best solution
Best solution
MazD
Fledgling

Thank you, after an online chat the matter has been resolved. Full refund given

View solution in conversation

5 REPLIES 5
MZone
Maestro

Have a look at this post here.  

Best solution
MazD
Fledgling

Thank you, after an online chat the matter has been resolved. Full refund given

TheSolent
Regular

I’ve had this problem twice this year. Each time they refused to accept fault until I requested a PAC code to move to a different network. They refuse to accept liability and blame customers. If it happens again I’m off.

Hex1
Fledgling

I've also had this issue every time I've been abroad for the last year. It is extremely annoying. I've been told by 3 to remove my sim, which is even more annoying. I have an i phone and don't want to fiddle around with opening the phone, nor do I want to risk losing my sim. Surely, this day and age, it should be sufficient to just turn off roaming and not be charged for something I don't use. 

MZone
Maestro

They are looking into the issue but have no timescale on a resolution yet unfortunately. Agree totally impractical/unacceptable to remove your SIM. Never had this issue on other networks either and I’ve been with them all.