cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected out of allowance data charge whilst on data passport add-on

jh1696
Fledgling

I’m in Turkey on holiday at the moment. I pay monthly and I’ve been purchasing data passport add-on daily for the past few days in order to access data abroad.

I received a text earlier today informing me I’d reached my credit limit. I checked my account on the app and under my data usage there appears to be a charge of c £90 for c 80,000 kb worth of data in excess of my allowances at 4am this morning. I was not using my phone at that time, and would have either been on the hotel wifi or still within the 24 hour period for my data passport.

Anyone any idea what this is about as completely unexpected! I’ve tried live chat but the agent apparently couldn’t see it as my bill hadn’t been generated. Very frustrating and I’m supposed meant to sit here and wait for my next bill before I can contest it?

1 REPLY 1
KateS
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @jh1696,

I'm sorry to hear you've received unexpected charges and I'm keen to help.

I'll pop you over a PM with instructions on how to get some further help with this.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,

Kate

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.