cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail and forwarded calls

ashleyallerton
Regular

I forward calls from my home (landline) number to my Three number, but Three then doesn't allow a voicemail to be left. It works fine if I ring the Three number direct.

Is this a bug or undocumented feature?

13 REPLIES 13
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi ashley,

Welcome to the Three Community.

We're not aware of any current faults with our voicemail service like this. When you say that Three isn't allowing the voicemail to be left, can you let us know what you mean? Does a message play, or does the call just ring out continuously, or does it abruptly end?

Let us know, and we'll do our best to help.
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

ashleyallerton
Regular

It rings for quite a long time - I didn't time it but about 30 seconds, then there is a recording "a message cannot be left".

ashleyallerton
Regular

I have just tried again and same result. The exact message is "I'm afraid you can't leave a message" (female voice) followed by "goodbye" (male voice).

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for confirming this Ashley,

I'll make some enquiries to see if this is a fault, or by design, and if so why this would be.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for your patience, it does seem like this could be some sort of fault on your line. We should try deactivating then reactivating your voicemail, and if the issue persists we can raise it to a technical team for further investigation.

I'll send you a PM, so that you can get further help with this.

JonathanB

Garethm007
Fledgling

Hi, I am having the exact same issue as above, how can this be resolved?

my voicemail has already been deactivated and reactivated this morning with no success

Garethm007
Fledgling

Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the same issue today

ashleyallerton
Regular

No, it was suggested I contact some other team, but I decided to direct my calls to another number I have on another network, where it works fine.

rob01792
Regular

@JonathanB im getting the same issue joined 3 in november it was all working fine as i tested it then. i noticed the issue within the past few days as people who called me mentioned they couldnt leave a msg i need this resolved