cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

support chat broken + billing system broken - where to go now?

unhappy_paul
Regular

1. Since the system upgrade I have only been able to log in once to my main (phone) account via mythree using a web browser. Every other time it just redirects me to https://www.three.co.uk/error-page/401/globalErrorCode. Yes I have done all the obvious things eg using different browser, clearing caches and so on.

2. Also since the system upgrade, I am unable to access my mobile broadband account. Same error but with one difference, before the error page pops up, it kindly asks me to register. I click that button and hey presto: https://www.three.co.uk/error-page/401/globalErrorCode

3. I spent over an hour online to the complaints team on web chat. It turns out (he said) that I cannot use same email address for mobile broadband and phone. Apparently this is due to a security issue on three's part. It's definitely an insane requirement and one that is not OK - there is nothing in my contract with three that can require me to take out and pay for a new email account just to access and manage my existing three account (and if there was, I would not have signed it).

4. The operator agree to cancel the remaining term of the broadband account, and do so waiving cancellation / early termination charges (there is only six months to run of a 24 month contract, so this is not a huge loss on three's part). All good I think. But then the web chat crashes and closes itself (browser error in the console is "invalid JSON". So I lose the connection to him before we're done.

5. I get an email quoting cancellation/PAC terms and including an early termination fee ie not as agreed.

6. I try to reconnect. All operators busy so no can do.

7. I fill out the complaint form giving the above details. I ask to be contacted in the afternoon. I receive an email saying the complaint has been logged and will be dealt with.

8. Five minutes later I get another email saying that the complaints team has been trying to get in contact with me, and cannot reach me (they didn't ring my phone, so I am not sure what's going on there). Implication of the email is that as a result the complaint has been closed.

What??

2 REPLIES 2
Avondale
Rising star

Why not e-mail the CEO of Three and alert him to your issues ? He might be completely unaware of what is going on. But if you do, please detail any progress on here as it might help others ! 

You'll find his details by searching for Three (use the word not the number) on :-

ceoemail dot com

We cannot post links here so sorry that this is slightly opaque.  

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @unhappy_paul,

We'll do our best to resolve your complaint. I'll send you a private message to direct you to a team that can help further. 

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here