cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concern data breach

EH82
Fledgling

Had a call today, started from an 0207 number.

Sounded suspicious but let it play out as they had alot of my details

Call got cut off and they called back from three's listed support number.

During both parts of the call (0207 and 0333), was asked to provide verification code sent through three number to my phone.

And a verification code sent from Yahoo on WhatsApp (green tick and all).

The people calling had my name, address, plan details and my billing / bank details.

Tried contacting three through support but got little help or clarification, offered to put through to customer care. And got cut off from a web chat.

Really unimpressed at level of breach and lack of regard for how concerned I am from web chat staff.

2 REPLIES 2
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello there. 

Oh no, that's not so good. 

It seems strange that the number calling you could change when they called back. Do you know the full number that called from 0333? Not all numbers that start 0333 belong to Three, so I'm curious about what that number was. 

While someone else having parts of your information is concerning, it's information that Three wouldn't give away. In most cases scammers are gathering the information from multiple sources, and when they have enough, they make their move. 

If you'd like to protect your accounts and your details, it's a good idea to keep your passwords and authentication details up to date. This helps protect you in cases where older information about you may have leaked.

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

MarthaA
Fledgling

I’ve also had multiple calls from different numbers pretending to be three stating I can have 40% off phone contracts in a very loud office, clearly a full operation happening to scam people. I rang the helpline and nothing was done just said thanks for the info. Clearly a data breach has recently occurred!