cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble into the 2nd day post 'System update'

twofinedays
Fledgling

2nd day after the recent system update, and I'm still facing issues.

Initially my data add on was gone on my balance, which forced me to top up because I needed to use the phone.

Last night I found the add-on date was back on my balance and naively assumed it was all sorted. Nope, by the late afternoon, I could not access to data any more, and when I checked my balance, they used up the top up instead of data add on. I still cannot use the data add on, and I fear to top up either because it will be used up in no time.

Who's going to compensate, 1. lost 3 days from my 30-day data add on and 2. 10 quid top up that was used up for the data use despite the 9 GB left on my add on?

It's frustrating.

14 REPLIES 14
Robnor456
Active

I think the same thing has happened to me

Robnor456
Active

Confirmed just now that Top up is being used in preference to data add-on, according to Three I have 7.4GB left from an Add on that expires on 04/10/23 and yet had no data connection from lunchtime today, after topping up I had data connection but the top up is down by £5 already

Cloudyhill
Active

Same thing happened to me too, my add-on was not able to use since the last one expired.  I didn’t want to top up as I worried that I would get into your situation (and it proved it did! They would use up the top up instead of the add-on part), no channel to reflect this issue and it does not seem there’s any communication from the operator on this either, this is very odd.

Robnor456
Active

Have you had any progress with your issue?

Avondale
Rising star

@twofinedays 

@Robnor456 

@Cloudyhill 

Any progress ? If you have still got problems, I suggest that you tag @JonathanB into your answer. If you have not already done so, you also need to alert Customer Services on 333. 

Robnor456
Active

Not yet, I passed my issues to their social media team yesterday 

Cloudyhill
Active

How do you contact them? The link @JonathanB provided me link to the same online support page, which showed the following message when I started it:

“Sorry no operators are available at the moment. Please try again later.”

It did say their opening hours are:
8am-8pm (Monday to Friday) and 9am-6pm (Saturday and Sunday).

therefore I do not understand why there is still no one taking up request during office hours. @JonathanB  please advise if there is really a channel for reporting this issue.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Cloudyhill,

Sorry for the delay in picking this up. Inside their opening hours if you receive that message it does mean that they're all currently chatting with other customers. I appreciate your frustration, the team are busier than usual but if you refresh the page periodically you should be able to reach them if you check back occasionally.

We really appreciate your patience and perseverance.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Cloudyhill
Active

I suddenly had data service yesterday and thought this nightmare was over, but I was wrong and there is no data service starting from Friday 8pm, this is just annoying.