cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G+ app pairing to Sercomm router

steve_pr
Fledgling

Had to get a new router after my original Huawei B535 router (supplied by 3 just 18 months ago) stopped working due to an expired SSL certificate. 3 says it is Huawei's responsibility and Huawei say only 3 has access to change it! So stuck in the middle with 3 support saying it cannot happen and it is because I have changed the LAN IP address on the router (it worked fine for 18 months!).

Anyway, picked up a Sercom LTE-2122GR from Amazon and getting great speeds (50Mbps +) but frustrated by the app!  Would be nice to use the real time signal strength meter to fine tune the antenna (we are in a fringe reception area) but the app finds the router then asks for a password in order to "pair" with the router. Have tried the admin password and the Wifi password but they don't work. Anyone know what the default pairing password is?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey, @steve_pr, welcome to Three Community 😊

Can you please try holding the router's reset button down for 5 to 10 seconds, until it restarts? This should reset the log-in details, clear any bugs and allow the app to connect with the router - the admin password should be the one you need.

Let us know how you get on.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

Blueleaf
Regular

Hi I’m having similar problems with this router and it’s the 2nd one I’ve had in 6 weeks. I started a new home broadband contract for 2 years and got my Sercomm router and set it up relatively easily. I was never able to get a green light on the LTE signal but connection speeds were fine until one day it dropped all connection with our phones and laptops. It took me a few days to persuade the tech desk that the router just wasn’t working and I got a new one this evening. Unfortunately I just can’t connect to it - I’ve tried scanning the QR code on the back of the router but neither of our phones can find it and I’ve also tried the app and that can’t find it either. I’ve turned all our devices off, turned off and reset the router but nothing. I even found a page on the three site which said it could locate my router if I keyed in the IMEI number. It didn’t recognise the device! 
Weirdly, a new router does appear on my phone, which wasn’t there before. Is this a coincidence? I live in a remote area so unlikely to have suddenly got a new neighbour. Any ideas please?