cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot register for My3 on 5G Broadband router - ZTE MC801A

ART67
Regular

Hi, I have an ZTE 5G broadband router, model: MC801A. I am trying to register for My, however, I get the error message below. This is despite me being directly connected (via wi-fi) to the ZTE router and not via a mesh. I have used a private browser session to avoid any possible issues with caching.  Has anyone else experienced this or know how to resolve? I want to get onto My3 to view my bills. Thanks in advance for any help!Screenshot 2023-03-05 at 4.02.06 pm.png

11 REPLIES 11
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello, Art67.

Gosh, that sounds like a frustrating issue to be having, you've gone to extra lengths to get it working already and that would usually do it.

Did you get your router from Three as part of a broadband contract? Or are you on a SIM plan with your own supplied router? 

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

ART67
Regular

Thanks Pete, the router was supplied by Three back in December 2022

ART67
Regular

…as part of a contract

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Thanks for confirming.

Did you make any changes to the routers settings at all? 

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

ART67
Regular

Hi Pete, only to re-set the default password to access the wifi (password for admin access to router settings is unchanged). No other changes made

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @ART67,

How long have you been running into this issue? Did it start before the other issues you flagged up around the end of February?

Thanks,
JonathanB

ART67
Regular

hi @JonathanB this started before I had the issue with my Sky box...I've not been able to register since day 1. I wasn't bothered at first, but now I could really do with seeing the PDFs of my bills

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hmm, that really is an odd issue. I'm not finding any known issues relevant. The system should just automatically detect that your connection is coming from the router SIM, so if you're not using mesh/bridge, or any sort of VPN then I can't imagine why this is happening. 

If you've tried multiple devices and browsers, e.g. phones, PC/laptop, Chrome, Edge, Safari etc, and it seems to be across all of these, I think the next step is that we get this investigated internally.

I'd recommend having another chat with my colleagues I directed you to before. They should be able to escalate a case to the IT teams that manage My3 account issues.

Thanks,
JonathanB

ART67
Regular

Hi Jonathan, please can you put me in contact with someone that can help on this. I really need the PDF's for my bills now. The error I get when attempting to register for My3 (on ZTE router) is attached - thanksScreenshot 2023-06-21 at 3.58.49 pm.png