cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Broadband Availability

dnh007
Fledgling

I have 4G home broadband at the moment, but am desperate to upgrade to 5g. The 3 website says it isn’t available at my postcode but I’m getting a great 5g signal and speeds on my iPhone both indoors and outdoors, which also has a 3 sim. Anyone know why I can’t get the 5g broadband service or how long it might take for 3 to say it’s available?

Best solution
Best solution
StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey @dnh007 

Welcome to Three Community. I'm glad you're getting a great 5G signal on your phone, that's fab.

The availability of our 5G Home Broadband plans works a little differently, as we'll test to make sure the service is strong and reliable as well as present in the area. We wouldn't want to offer a home broadband service that wasn't up to scratch, so 5G routers will only be available in those areas we're sure you'll get a great experience.

We're always working to improve and expand our services, so hopefully it won't be too much longer before we can offer you a great Home Broadband service in your area too.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

View solution in conversation

9 REPLIES 9
sc1999
Local celebrity

Sounds if you are lucky and 3 have upgraded you tower. I would call customer service or keep checking the website as they may be testing before selling the service. Knowing what I do about 3 it may just be that one part of 3 has not told another part what is going on.

dnh007
Fledgling

Thanks. Hopefully it is just delays in communication.

Best solution
StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey @dnh007 

Welcome to Three Community. I'm glad you're getting a great 5G signal on your phone, that's fab.

The availability of our 5G Home Broadband plans works a little differently, as we'll test to make sure the service is strong and reliable as well as present in the area. We wouldn't want to offer a home broadband service that wasn't up to scratch, so 5G routers will only be available in those areas we're sure you'll get a great experience.

We're always working to improve and expand our services, so hopefully it won't be too much longer before we can offer you a great Home Broadband service in your area too.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

Networkchecker
Fledgling

How come Three offered me 5G router then where the service and experience is so bad that I have to restart it every now and then as it keep losing connection! Can I get a refund?

StephR
Employee
Employee

That definitely sounds like an annoying experience!

Have you been in touch about the issues you've been having already, @Networkchecker? How long has that been an issue for you - since you first starting using the router?

Does our online network checker mention any current outages or upgrades happening in your area? It's usually a great place to stay up to date on any network works going on.

Have a check and let us know - we appreciate how frustrating disconnections must be, so we'll do our best to help move things forward for you.

Pie
Fledgling

I have 5G home BB and when linked to a tower behind my house have got up to 600mbs but as per message on support page theres currently work in my area so sometimes i only get 19-20mbs. Any idea when the work will be finished?

Marcus
Fledgling

Same here...amazing 5g speeds on my phone with a 3 sim but 3 won't give me a 5g router only the 4g one...I have no complaints about the 4g service here but I want 5g!...just let me try🙂

Dazie999
Regular

Same here. Been waiting ages while we have a 4 out of 5 bars 5G signal on our 3 mobiles! We have had 5G for a good couple of years.

Looks like 3 is losing out big time. I would be happy to try for a month to confirm it works reliably, otherwise you are going to lose me to Virgin Media for 24 months yet again!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dazie999,

I'm sorry to hear you've been waiting for us to offer Broadband in your area. There are certain checks we have to do before we offer the service, but if you register your interest in 5G here, there's options to choose to hear updates about Home Broadband.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here