cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G signal and speed drop - router in the same position - V1.00(ACBJ.0)b14

elbom12
Regular

Hello, my 5G broadband has been unusually slow for the past 2 days. Previously, I consistently experienced speeds of 150-250MB or more, but now it's barely reaching 60MB. My wife accidentally rebooted the router, and I just noticed that the firmware has been updated from V1.00(ACBJ.0)b12 to V1.00(ACBJ.0)b14.

I've observed a decrease in the 5G signal quality from excellent to fair, and I haven't made any changes to the position. It seems that the firmware upgrade might be causing the issue.  Do you know where I could download b12? 

Here are my router details:

Model: Zyxel NR5103E

Firmware Version: V1.00(ACBJ.0)b14

I have already reset the router to factory settings and rebooted it multiple times, but the signal has not improved, and I now have only 2 bars compared to the previous full signal - 5 bars in the same position. I am currently unable to use your broadband service due to the slow speed. Please assist in resolving this issue promptly or I will have to go to different provider.

Quick update:

I just changed APN mode to manual and used Three.co.uk instead of 3internet.

Disabled Band Auto Selection and only selected B1, B3 & n78 to force the router to find a closer mast and connect at 5G, but there was no speed improvement.

Does anyone know how to improve speed?

4 REPLIES 4
elbom12
Regular

elbom12_0-1700527510922.png

elbom12_1-1700527528831.png

Geluk
Key player

You can't post images here. Check 3's network coverage page for your post code to see if there's engineering work locally.

elbom12
Regular

Useless advice, but thanks

Spud
Involved

4G: Three signal is weak/poor around us. The other networks are strong/excellent. On a 4G Sercomm router I can get  up to 160mbps on Three and up to 260mbps on EE.

5G: I borrowed my son's NR5103E and managed to get 1 bar of 5G on EE but speeds were no better than my 4G router.

Now I think I saw the 5G router showing Carrier Aggregation on band 1 and band 3 twice (some time ago, not sure).  It may be worth trying a 4G-only connection. If there is an option for a 4g-only connection let it pick the bands, b1, b3, b20 or whatever. Otherwise select B1 & B3, deselect N78. You may be able to aggregate enough to get 200mbps - your 4G signal looks great.