cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Home Broadband Hub Work VPN Problem

umut
Fledgling

Hello,

I use ZTE 5G Home broadband modem. When I try to connect my company VPN it keeps disconnecting after a while. Company use `pulse secure` for vpn. I made some research this is not about with modem position (I have good signal quality) or something simple like reset your modem etc. It is a big issue for me and also there are so many user like me. I ask for three's professional support for this problem because I can not work.

Thank you.

16 REPLIES 16
Avondale
Rising star

If you do a search for VPN in this forum, you will find numerous examples of folks having problems with Three 5G Broadband and VPNs. I can connect to my employer's VPN - Cisco AnyConnect - without issues, as can a number of my colleagues. Hence, I believe that it is some VPNs but not others that are troublesome when using Three 5G Broadband.

Maybe your employer's IT support can help to facilitate a satisfactory outcome ?   

Shane470
Regular

We are having the exact same issue for the past 3 weeks. The three support team have said they updated their system which may have caused the block, however they are yet to resolve the issue. I have not been able to work for 3 weeks now and my companies IT department have tried everything to fix it but the issue lies with Three.

If they cannot resolve the issue today, we will be switching providers.

umut
Fledgling

Is there any solution for the issue ? I still have the problem so I can not work from home because of Three.

AX
Active

I have a similar issue with work VPN since early May 2023.  I can connect to my work VPN but the upload speed is very low (e.g. 0.1Mbps).  It works fine if a use a different broadband service at a friends house.  I've been a customer since January 2022 without any issues.   I have the Huawei 5G CPE pro 2 router.

Three5GVPN
Regular

Another Three 5G user suffering the same problem with VPN, with Pulse Secure.

I got a really good 5G signal, no issues, but when connected to the VPN Pulse Secure the connection drops every 3 minutes. Yes, exactly 180 seconds. That makes work remotely impossible...

Company IT team has been looking into it unsuccessfully.  Finally we tested the same Laptop and the same VPN Pulse secure doing hotspot from another 5G internet provider and it worked fine.  So the problem is only with Three 5G.

I have also contacted with Pulse Secure support team. They have investigated and concluded that is the Internet provider blocking the connection every 3 minutes. 

All this makes me feel switching provider...

I found this link, more people having very similar cases.:

https://community.pulsesecure.net/t5/Pulse-Connect-Secure/Connecting-via-hotspot-or-5G-modem-Three-Z...

https://community.pulsesecure.net/t5/Pulse-Connect-Secure/Connecting-via-hotspot-or-5G-modem-Three-Z... 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Everyone,

I've noticed a few discussions cropping up about issues using VPNs over Three Broadband connections recently. I'm sending everyone that has mentioned this so far a PM so that we can get you in touch with some colleagues that will verify your accounts, and gather more info to help us investigate.

If you're experiencing this issue but haven't posted yet, please add a reply so that I can get in touch, the more examples I can gather, the easier it should be for our support teams to pinpoint what's causing the issues.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Stefan
Fledgling

Hi Jonathon, 

I'm experiencing the same issue as the others above. I have experienced issues connecting to VPN ever since I started using the Three 5G. I get 3 minutes connected and then am disconnected. My work's IT department could not fix and ordered me a new work laptop, however the issue is the same on this new laptop. I have worked remotely from different locations and no other wifi connections have given me this issue. Can you help? 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

If you're experiencing issues with VPNs can you try the suggestions on the thread FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection  

Let me know if the info there helps.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

S_S_Bajwa
Fledgling

Hi Jonathan, 

I had the same issue recently changing over to Three 5G home broadband from a fiber broadband (different company). As suggested in the thread you shared, I changed the APN to manual and PDP to IPv4 only, not sure who else is having this issue still but the above suggestion has fixed my issue. 

Kind regards 

Satwindar Singh