cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Home Broadband issue (keeps dropping out for no reason)

Grum
Regular

HI,

I have had 3 5G home broad band for almost a year, never had any issues until the firmware upgraded to B12. For no reason at all it drops the internet, all lights remain on, 5 to 10 mins later it comes back on, or reboot to come back on quicker.

Never had any issues prior to this upgrade. Called three sent a replacement router, as soon as the firmware updated exactly the same issue, called again and the answer was do you want to cancel your contract. They seemed shocked i said no I want it fixed.

Is this being looked into, clearly there is a problem with the latest firmware

54 REPLIES 54
grabo1530
Active

@JonathanB  is there any chance of changing these problematic routers for the one that is being supplied to new customers. 

Not only getting the B12 drops but also started getting periods of ca  going active with my 400 down speeds dropping to less than 10 ! 

I really can't believe that this problem has not been addressed and sorted .Far too many customers are suffering ,remember its not just the ones on here its also those that are having the problem but don't know because they are not tech savvy.

stevekn
Involved

ZTE support as useless as Three's

"As the device is sold by Three the after-sales is also their responsibility, hence you have to contact them to get the issue resolved"

mattpreston80
Regular

I'm getting the issue, and I use bridge mode with my nest WiFi router. I'm on software version B15. Anyone got any ideas? It's causing havoc with teams calls!!!

stevekn
Involved

I tried changing my modem to bridge mode... still got couple of internet dropouts per ( ZTE MC801 b15)

Now put back to router  ( no wifi) as can restart from my iPhone app 😉

Bezz
Fledgling

Hi, seems this is not wanting to be resolved by Three. Can anyone please give me the details of the router that doesn't suffer the issue? I've come across the make + model before, but can't find it again.... Thanks in advance. 

talktohardwick
Active

Have you all tried separating 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands in the app? That always causes problems when they are the same in my experience. I got one drop out three hours after I got the 5G hub and it has been rock solid for the last weeks since I split the bands apart.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @talktohardwick,

Thanks for sharing this, are you using the ZTE MC801A router or the Zyxel NR5103E? Are you able to describe the steps you've taken to split the frequencies in case this helps other users?

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

talktohardwick
Active

I'm using the Zyxel NR5103E. The steps to make the change are:

1. Load the 3 5G broadband app

2. Get to the homescreen

3. Click Wi-Fi on the icons at the bottom of the screen

3. Move the slider that says "keep 2.4 and 5 GHZ the same to the left

Sit back and see if it fixes the problem for you.

stevekn
Involved

I've got my ZTE modem, wifi turned off and am still getting the internet ( NOT 5G) dropouts

jay7210
Fledgling

I am getting daily frequent drop outs, using Zyxel NR5103E in bridge mode, i read on another forum about creating a new APN profile, but cant find any more info on this.