cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Home Broadband issue (keeps dropping out for no reason)

Grum
Regular

HI,

I have had 3 5G home broad band for almost a year, never had any issues until the firmware upgraded to B12. For no reason at all it drops the internet, all lights remain on, 5 to 10 mins later it comes back on, or reboot to come back on quicker.

Never had any issues prior to this upgrade. Called three sent a replacement router, as soon as the firmware updated exactly the same issue, called again and the answer was do you want to cancel your contract. They seemed shocked i said no I want it fixed.

Is this being looked into, clearly there is a problem with the latest firmware

54 REPLIES 54
stevekn
Involved

I’m still getting this problem

several times a day 

a modem restart re-connects the internet, otherwise minutes to hours for it to re-connect its self

Dempster
Fledgling

Hi Jonathan

I also have the Zyxel NR5103E Router, and have been having this exact issue since the firmware was automatically updated to Version B14. Currently the connection is being dropped around once a day, requiring a router reboot (or a long wait) in order to restore it.

Do you have any ideas what I could try? Connection was solid for the first couple of months, when the router was running the previous firmware (Version B12).

Many thanks for your help!

Alan.

TonyH
Fledgling

I'm also having these droputs. It happens two or three times a day. Its very annoying as my wife conducts her work with clents over the internet

nicjac
Fledgling

I am also experiencing this issue - Internet access drops out (router admin page shows 0kb/s download). Rebooting is the only solution to get it to work again. Unlikely to be related to infrastructure as a reboot wouldn’t help then? 

grabo1530
Active

I am also getting this .Started with recent firmware. I also can't access the page to cell/band lock anymore so as well as constant dropouts I also get lower connection speeds...I was perfectly happy with things and unchecked the firmware update box ,So why update me and spoil things .

grabo1530
Active

4 Times it dropped off the Internet today,all lights show normal .Its so frustrating has anyone heard anything about a fix from 3 or got them to roll back the firmware to before they broke it ?

nicjac
Fledgling

We are having a discussion about this on ISPreview. One common thread seems to be the use of bridge mode. Is it the case here as well?

@JonathanB do you know if this could this be escalated? Having daily dropouts is obviously not ideal, especially when it is one's main broadband connection.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @nicjac,

Sorry for the delay on getting back to you.

Bridge mode has been mentioned by a couple of users, but there's definitely users that aren't using the feature at all and are describing similar drop outs.

I have requested an escalated investigation of this and will update the relevant threads as soon as I have any more info or advice I can share.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

H3lter
Fledgling

We’re getting this now also, three just keep directing me to ZTE

nightmare!

stevekn
Involved

and ZTE after the ( turn on and off and do a factory reset ) directed me back to three